dasf

Monday, July 13, 2015

Monday, July 13

Today, I had more Chemistry. Yay. I had a quiz today about moles and how to convert things to and from moles. It took a really long time and one problem was really annoying, but I got through it. I don't know if I got any of them wrong, but I hope I didn't do too bad. We also learned about how to name molecules with 2 different elements in them. It is called chemical nomenclature. Weird name. It's actually pretty easy. You just need to know the prefixes. For example, C7O9 (I don't know if that even exists) is heptacarbon nonoxide. The hepta means seven, the non means nine, but the "a" after it is removed because oxygen starts with a vowel. You know what carbon stands for (I hope) and oxide is just oxygen minus the "ygen" and adding an "ide" to the end. The prefixes are in this table:
I didn't have any homework today, except to read a few pages in our textbook. There were only about six pages, so it was pretty simple.

Weird thing:

No comments:

Post a Comment